11.6.07

Our benefit show

Ok, the day started with me having my last day of work. As excited as I was to start this new phase of my life it was much more bittersweet to leave that place than I thought it would be. I made some friends and actually had a good experience there. My bittersweet feelings werent enough to make me stay though, so were going on the road. We leave the 22nd to go to Nashville. But, anyway, after work I went to get set up for the show. It was a pretty good night. We had alot of people show up, had Larry's Pizza sponsor us, which meant all you can eat pizza for me, got to listen to the amazingly talented Plu, hilarious Futuro Boots, and the incredibly entertaining Jukeboxx Baggett. Here are a few pictures:






Thanks so very much to all of you who came. I would kiss you all if I could but I'm sure someone has some weird disease.

Collective needs:
Pray that as we go we can make relationships with those we come in contact with, can help meet their needs even above our own, be put in situations that all we have available to rely on is his Spirit, and that all of our shows would line up.

Personal needs:
Drastic changes are happening for me and pray that I rely fully on the hope of the cross and the power that comes from becoming a slave to Christ, pray that I am able to love and able to serve in a drought. That his gospel of peace and hope is enough for me and that I dont hang on to the fleeting things of the world.

In the spirit of the end of every set we play and of my brothers across the pond...there truly is a fountain where we can lose all our guilty stains.

Peace be with you all.

4 comments:

thispresentsojourn said...

your writing is powerful, overflowing with Truth. thank you.

i wish i coulda been there! i heard jukebox's set on laura kelty's phone, at least.

They call me Jamis said...

Love you brother. even on this side of the pond we need to do some washing, so thank you.

Peace be.

Christopher said...

I miss throwing things at you in your cubicle.

It might be a little ackward if I slam the new girl in the face with a crumpled up piece of paper.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.